Representing You After You Have Been Unlawfully Fired
Although the state of California is an at-will state, employers cannot terminate an employee for an unlawful reason. If you believe that your position has been terminated unlawfully, it is necessary to take the appropriate steps to receive compensation.
Our legal team at Lyon Legal, P.C., is ready and qualified to guide you through the process. We are led by Devon Lyon, an employment attorney with nearly two decades of legal experience. Ms. Lyon uses her background to create aggressive legal strategies to hold employers responsible for wrongful actions. Contact our firm today to receive an honest evaluation of your case.
Establishing A Wrongful Termination Claim
It can be difficult to prove your rights were violated when you were fired from work. Employers can legally fire workers without warning at any time. However, they cannot terminate a position for these reasons:
- To discriminate against an employee in a protected class
- To retaliate against an employee for filing a sexual harassment claim or participating in a workplace investigation
- To punish an employee who has applied for leave that is protected under state or federal law
- To penalize an employee who has filed for workers’ compensation benefits
- To prevent an employee from filing a wage and hour claim or retaliate against them for complaining about unlawful wage practices
When you call our Long Beach firm, you speak to a knowledgeable lawyer who will listen to the circumstances surrounding your wrongful discharge. We will review all documents and reports related to your employment and termination, including annual reviews and workplace policies. We use this information to create a strong case that gets results in and out of the courtroom.
We understand that your livelihood is on the line. Our team is fully committed to your case.
Talk To Us Today
Please reach out to us today. You have nothing to lose by contacting us because you will owe no legal fees unless we recover compensation.